Thursday, September 10, 2015

Beautiful Are The Feet!


"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after the orphans and widows in their distress and keep oneself from being polluted by the world."  
                                              - James 1: 27 


Since I've returned from Ghana at the end of June I've had a lot of time to myself. Time to debrief from the three months I spent there, what I experienced, learned and think about the question I got from almost everyone upon my return, "What next?" Honestly, at the time I couldn't tell you. I  gave everyone the same answer, "I'm going to connect with some more organizations that work with orphans and vulnerable children and see where God leads me." Not that it wasn't true but it was more so something to hold me over until I was positive on what I reaaaaally wanted to do. Leaving Ghana after three months was a bittersweet moment for me and it still is because Ghana holds a very special place in my heart along with my kiddies that I miss so much (read about my Bittersweet return here).

"And how are hey to preach unless they are sent? As it is written,
"How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"
- Romans 10:15
When I got returned to the states at the end of June I started searching the net and social media for more organizations that I could connect with and possibly intern for. Needless to say I kept getting denied one way or another every time I reached out. Either these organizations weren't accepting interns at the time, the internships were in areas where I had no educational experience or I didn't get a response at all. After reaching out and reaching out some more I began to get frustrated. Nothing was working out so I became impatient and began looking for a regular 9-5 and I figured whatever happens happens. I knew that looking for an office job was a bad idea but I figured God wasn't opening any doors so instead of sitting around I would take things into my own hands. Bad idea! Frustration grew even more. When it came time for me to start searching for jobs it was a struggle and going to interviews was a struggle. In short, nothing I pursued brought peace.

After many dead ends and short comings on my part I had to sit back and really evaluate everything. I really had to repent because I totally took God out of the equation. I was taking control instead of totally trusting Him to show me where I should be and what I should be doing. I sat down with my mom and she asked me what I really wanted to do and without hesitation I said, "I want to be in Ghana with my kiddies. I should've never left." She responds, "Well, there you GO! Sometimes we make things harder than they need to be." The only thing left to do was pray about it and let God give the okay. After seeking Him I had peace, the peace that I wasn't going to get trying to do things my way. It's something how we can make situations more complicated than they need to be. Only when we stop trying to be saviour can we truly trust the Saviour to do what He does best.

Ghana is where I'm suppose to be. 
& Ghana is where I'm going.


While In Ghana, I will continue to work with the Victory Children. Building them up naturally and spiritually and educating them so they can in return impact their families, communities and the nation.

You can help me GO! 
You can help me make an IMPACT!

You can help by praying and giving financially. I GO because my heart is pulled to but it cost. I would appreciate it greatly if you will always keep me in your prayers, first and foremost. Second, if you would like to partner with me and give financially that is also greatly appreciated. Donations can be made by clicking the "Donate" button on the right. With your help and prayer, I can GO and serve where GOD has called me.


"GO therefore and make disciples of all nations." - Matthew 28:19