Monday, March 9, 2015

Confession: The TRUTH About Me

"I am really not that brave, I am not really that strong, and I am not doing anything spectacular. I am just doing what God called me to do as a follower of Him." 
- Katie founder of Amazima 

I never knew how to explain it,until the day I came across the above quote while reading about the founder of Amazima and it clicked. That's it! This is exactly how I've felt but could never find the right words to put together.When I say "it" I mean the congratulations, the sincere and kind accolades and encouragement from friends, family members and strangers I get about Loving Hands Helping Hearts.In no way am I saying it's a bad thing, what I'm saying is that if I'm not mindful I'll take it all in as if I do what I do with my own strength as if I'm the one that should get all the "glory." If my focus becomes praises of people I've lost sight of what really matters, I've taken my eyes off God and the pursuit to please Him and ONLY Him.


In fact, I am fearful.
I am weak.
I am doing nothing impressive.

BUT

I can do much more, I am far greater and I can do all things with Christ than I can by myself.I never want to get to the point where I do things for my own gratification but I do it because God is continually equipping me to.




"For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weakness, insults, hardships, persecutions and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:10