Thursday, September 25, 2014

Saréya & LHHH Goes To Africa!

Young children playing/waving as we pass by in Togo.

I'm sure you may be asking, "Why Africa?" Out of all the places in the world why did you choose to go to Africa. I didn't blindfold myself and point to the map and choose wherever my finger landed nor did I pick it out of a hat. I chose to bring Loving Hands Helping Hearts to Ghana because ever since I was 11 years old I've been in love with the country. 

My first time going to Africa was to Ghana in 2000. At that time I was 11 years old and wasn't sure what to expect, nevertheless, I was excited. My next visit was in 2005, where I spent time in Togo for missions work with my church as well as Ghana with family. Here I am 9 years later and I'm headed back across the Atlantic! While visiting both of those times I was able to experience their culture, traditions and day to day life. With all of those experiences I've met many young people with big hearts and drive. Loving Hands Helping Hearts is going to Ghana to connect with young people with big hearts and drive to encourage them to strive for success and become what they desire to be. Using the resources available to them to create their own opportunities and opportunities for others and to encourage them to make an impact on their generation.

I believe in encouraging and empowering young people to pursue purpose. Affirmation is important. We don't want to just talk about what we'll do but put our words into action. Serving selflessly to BuildEmpower and Encourage!

Myself at Cape Coast Castle (slave castle) in Ghana, West Africa.

It's not just myself that will be going to Africa but you will be too! In the upcoming weeks and while in Ghana I will be posting updates via facebook, twitter, instagram and blogs, with the hashtag #lhhhgoestoafrica14. 


Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Follow us on Instagram at @LovingHandsHelpingHearts